Sunday, August 31, 2008

Employee Motivation

Like I said, my posts are going to consist of a Human Relations topic. The topic I have chosen is Employee motivations and benefits. I want to be able to find out what really makes people tick. We all have had jobs we like or dislike, but what makes this happen? This truly is a human issue because it is not as easy as we may think to find out what motivates people to go to work. There are many things, not just one in particular, that motivate employees. Giving the same thing to everyone for a job well done, may not be the best thing for everyone. Since we are human, we know that we all have different needs and wants. These priorities are different to everyone, but some of them include money, insurance plans, other benefits, vacations, parties, or personal recognition. I also think that motivation can depend on the type of company you work for. Is it a fortune 500 company, a mid-sized corporation, or a family business? I believe that this will effect what drives people as well. I am excited to see what the results will be and I believe that this research will help me become a better manager because hopefully I will be better able to understand my employees later on.

http://www.accel-team.com/motivation/
Here's a link that talks a little about my topic and is where I gathered some of my thoughts from.
Enjoy and I look forward to learning more about human motivations.

No comments: